For MAC users
Read the word doc called 'Problems Opening the Software on Mac' before launching and if you have problems opening the MAC version of Auto-Peer.
For WINDOWS Users
1. From the website: Click on the Windows version to download the software (bottom right).
2. This downloads a “zip file.” Save the zip file somewhere on your computer. Remember where!
3. Use right-click to “Unzip” the software from the zip folder. You won’t need the zip folder again. Now just use the extracted regular folder.
4. Open the folder called “Windows”
5. Then open the next folder, also called “windows”
6. Now, open the folder called Auto-Peer (P)
7. Now, double-click on the software: “Auto-Peer V1.0.exe” This is the real program.
8. Auto-Peer should open. Paste your paper into the open window and click “Just Process Everything.”
Note that Auto-Peer hates reference sections. So try not to paste that into the open window.
How to Use Auto-Peer
Double click on the file called “Auto-Peer (P).exe” (Auto-Peer will open)
Copy and Paste your paper into the open window on the Auto-Peer screen.
3. If you have pasted your paper into the document, it will look like the screen shot below.
4. Click the menu button “Analyze”
5. From the dropdown menu, click “Process All Issues”
6. If you have pasted your paper into the document, it will look like the screen shot below.
7. The analysis and feedback will appear in the window.
8. You can toggle between the input and the output.
9. Scroll through the output to see your feedback.
Auto-Peer analyses your paper for numerous writing issues.
It is only a PEER REVIEW though. It is up to YOU - the writer – to decide if the sentences and text that Auto-Peer has highlighted need any modifications.
Auto-Peer does supply explanations, but writing is an ART … so some of the issues it highlights MAY be perfectly OK. Again, it’s up to YOU - the writer – to decide whether changes would improve the paper.
If you spot any errors, problems, or issues with Auto-Peer, please email us as firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any suggestions, please also let me know! :)
The current version of Auto-Peer is 1.0. As 1.0 suggests, we are just at the beginning stage. Many improvements will be made. We’re only releasing it this early because so many people said they wanted it. As such – sorry for any issues – and sorry it ain’t all that pretty yet … we’re working on it!